Become an SMP Partner
Join The SMP Yoga Studio Collaborative
As a yoga studio owner or manager in the tri-state area, you understand how at-risk, urban-school communities can benefit by having yoga and mindfulness programming as part of their school day. Some studios have already taught yoga or mindfulness classes in a school setting. At The School Mindfulness Project (SMP), we’re taking it to the next level. We look beyond a particular group or grade and aim towards sustainable, mind-body programming for students and teachers on a school-wide basis. If you are a practitioner, then you’re aware that physical and socio-emotional wellbeing is necessary for success in life and in school, and that consistent mind-body programming will support health equity and successful outcomes for underserved school populations.
The studios that understand this are the partners we are looking for.
The SMP has developed a five-phase service model that enables our city kids to have access to the benefits that yoga and mindfulness provide, and we’re inviting all area yoga studios and meditation centers to be a part of our organization through our Yoga Studio Collaborative (YSC). The YSC will enable us to meet Philly’s kids and their teachers as one extended family of practitioners to whom they can turn when they are ready to take their new practice beyond the walls of their classroom. Through the YSC, your donation can help support SMP programming and The SMP can introduce new students to your yoga and mindfulness community. You don’t need to teach classes in schools to be a part of the collaborative. In fact, we’ve developed ways that your studio might grow and flourish, and ways that the collaborative might further serve your current student population, even if your studio only serves adults.
The information below outlines a number of partnership options for studios to consider and a description of what partnerships include. Payments are securely deducted monthly from a credit card on file and each partnership is active for a minimum period of 12 months.
- Partner logo with a backlink to the studio website featured on the SMP partnership page
- Program literature and donation box provided to partner studio to encourage donations from students
- Supporting SMP materials for partner’s newsletter and website
- Marketing support for partner newsletter to highlight SMP involvement for your studio community
- This level includes everything from the Bronze Partner PLUS:
- Complimentary two-hour yoga and/or mindfulness workshop for partner studio’s adult and/or child students (Workshops are provided during the summer by SMP staff when school is out of session)
- This level includes everything from the Silver Partner PLUS:
- Partner studio featured as an approved SMP partner for newly trained schoolteachers looking for opportunities to continue and deepen their yoga practice outside of their school community
Additional questions? If we can answer further questions or if you are interested in learning more about the SMP YSC to improve the school climate in Philly’s schools, please email email@example.com.
The School Mindfulness Project® is a 501(c)(3) organization.
The School Mindfulness Project® is located in Philadelphia, PA 19147 and provides services to schools in Philadelphia and the Greater Philadelphia region.