Unique Features of The School Mindfulness Project
- Our program was developed by Gail Silver J.D, E-RYT, RCYT, YAECP. Gail is the Founder and Director of Yoga Child, Inc., a registered children’s yoga teacher, and an award winning author of three mindfulness books for children. Formerly a child advocate attorney, Gail has twenty-one years of experience as an advocate and mindfulness and yoga educator for children.
- Because we’re providing the training and education to your staff and students, The School Mindfulness Project enables classroom teachers and students to easily continue to enjoy the benefits of the practice and curriculum post-training.
- Classes, training and support for staff and students are held on-site, in your school.
- A School Mindfulness Project staff member is present to support your staff as they begin to implement all they have learned.
- Weekly on-the mat yoga classes are available to participating schools.
- Our organization is comprised of professionals who are longtime residents of Philadelphia and who care deeply about our schools, students and staff. We are dedicated to improving the quality of academic life in Philadelphia and are available to return to each school we serve for ongoing education and support.